Friday

Switchfoot - Only Hope


Switchfoot is an alternative rock band and also referred to as a Christian rock band, due to their involvement in Christian rock scene. However, they disagreed with the “religious label” for they believe that their music is “faith, not a genre”.

The band achieved mainstream recognition in the music industry when their music was featured prominently in a Nicholas Sparks’ movie adaptation, “A Walk to Remember” (2002). A year after, they released their major label debut Beautiful Letdown.
Switchfoot’s best-known singles are “Dare You To Move” (Beautiful Letdown, 2003) and “Only Hope” (New Way to Be Human, 1999).


Switchfoot - Only Hope"I give You my empathy, I'm giving You all of me
I want Your symphony singing in all that I am
At the top of my lungs
I'm giving it back"
-excerpt from Only Hope




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More