Tuesday

Goo Goo Dolls - Iris

The Goo Goo Dolls The Goo Goo Dolls is an American rock band formed in 1985 by John Rzeznik (vocals, guitar) and Robby Takac (vocals, bass guitar). In 1994, Mike Malinin joined the band as the drummer, replacing George Tutuska.

The band reached fame and stardom in 1998 when they released Iris, a song for the City of Angels movie soundtrack. Iris became the longest number one single in Billboard Hot 100 Airplay’s history with a remarkable 18 weeks scoring number one. It is also considered as Goo Goo Dolls’ most popular song.



Iris is included on the band's sixth album Dizzy Up the Girl (1998).


The Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
"And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am"


"Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive"
-excerpts from Iris



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More